Skip to main content

Drunk of the South

fig. 1) adios rosetta 


Sitting on the bench of the bar, really a sweet stool and drinking us some draft beers. We had us some Old Styles, some Honkers, and some rich and complex Bells with high and hoppy finish. Then we sat at this tall table for awhile, there was me and Jack and Francis. We had us a bright enough time playing with books of matches and trading some energy around, When is it all going happen? 
The Range of the day wasn't as long as it could have been. Our deeds seemed short as well, school was only just begun. We had just turned nerd and were paying for the privilege, Francis rolled loose tobacco into swift white papers. I watch him and say something about the stones, or the ears of holes in the timeless tray of the day. I say, Blank in the park again. Not very in a pitched tent with the weather or not.
Jack said, Dope. The sun, and then he laughed again and again. I think it's right. You know I looked into that. The whole thing. It's not always like that. The tents not as big but we did that once. 
But I'm right, right. That's all I care about, I picked up my beer and waved at the game on the television over there.
Open, Francis stuck the finished cigarette in his mouth. His glasses looked high on his brow but I'm always slouching so who can say.
Right right his finger, Jack points at me, his fingers bent in a noticeable crook. It looks like this, haha.
No, I laughed. Ha, no.
Francis stood and left. His bag's still under the table. It's a stained canvas sack with a long strap. Its filled with books about rum and Asia. He talks about going away but he's all heart. Instead he carries this thing around all day and rummages for paneling in the backs of widows garages. Jack and Francis will talk about the image of the stars at night.
Let's talk about it instead, I put my head on the table. I've got us the chicken flu. Blank in the park, blank in the park again.
Then you'll like this too, Jack stood up too look for his nose cloth. His Ipod falls onto the floor instead. It drops right into a salacious bar puddle. The cord of his headphones now stretches between Jack and the wounded flap of his little apple bird. 
Broken tart, I laugh but Jack looks sad instead. He looks at me with my head there on the table. He looks around for Francis again. 
There's no reply, I ask Jack.
Gone's not the word to speech, there'll be a draft it. He is though, Jack looks around. You know he's gone don't you. You know too?
I raise my arm from the wet table. I'm tired Jack. Francis understands, he get's it. You've got to give up while you still can. 
Wait I hear the ocean, Jack looks to the windows. In front are four frosty windows laced with chicken wire and christmas lights their inset is home to a stack of plastic ashtrays and a surge protector. The funny thing is, with my ear resting on the surface of the table like this, It's just like that. It's too big to even talk about even with Francis.  
  
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Totem

Tonight is old. It's wett but current and bored. I'm watching nothing but stars in the often sky that happen... do... tonight is lame like old, young like song, even as blue... Equal after the sun, noon or scripted yellow you are to me... A we (as sound)

Songlet is Best

fig.0231) FizzGraf MT. "Magical, like a chorus of like minded souls in a froth of cotton fumes." Over fake doors, under refurbished ladders, gypsum board and bent yellow pipes offering us an unmade bed and a stained window. Our one chance at tomorrow.  Magnetic guts from at least a thousand cassettes are strewn across the room. Hee-Haw style, fancy dress shoes cling to the floor like it's '86 all over again. Hee-Haw, goes the sound. Hee-Haw, we're closer then we were. Hee-Haw, it's hilarious. Listening for trains, leaning out over the rails like two people with no time at all. Better maps, that's what we need. We could use a melody for singing with this chorus; in whose curious presence more patients wait to be found. With hands over our heads, someone passes by and asks, "gender?"  There's stars in this sweet tooth of mine and some atoms left from the sky, Tonight the whole angle of heaven sleeps without light. Ordering its coffee darkest, t

Whiskers, chanting, "swap me, swap me!"

Fig.32) Aging poorly We're just together, taking ourselves for a tidy sum of walk and now our toes are wet and cool in the Lak, beside a cool stone that could drive a modernist to their flint. There's a listening experience that feels prepared, "our's for now, ours it says! Here's the hammer and it's wrapped in its own design already. A union in time-space, this card is our greetings, our massive, our very patience is reflected in this resolve." Suddenly, there's a cut away and she's wearing the pants that I've made for her, slow blue like painted smoke . I'm thinking about her hunched over the kitchen table, something that's stuck. There's a carving knife in her hand but from here, it's the same as an old spoon. From here my computer is sitting on my guilty seat, I'm thinking about champagne and comparing it to a thick wad bees and wondering whats in it for me? It's an anxious season, filled with not enough of anythin